True Chocolate Decadence at Susie's


Without a doubt I am a chocolate lover in the extreme. So it behooves me to advise other chocolate lovers when something new and exciting is on the market. During Restaurant Week (Nov 10 -17) Susie of Susie's Bakery will introduce the absolutely heavenly Chocolate Praline Ganache. Until now I thought it was impossible to condense such decadence in a slice of cake but indeed I have been proven wrong.

Well as much as I tried to prise the recipes from her (in the name of friendship) she gave the look that says "You will have to prise it from my cold dead hands", she did allow me to order one for a birthday recently. Have you ever seen a cake disappear in under 10 minutes? That was what I witnessed.

This cake is so heavenly you don't get a chance to chew a forkful as it just simply melts in your mouth. It is what you would call perfectly sweet. Just sweet enough to titillate and excite and not so sweet that the ears itch and the blood corpuscles cringe. It is what Jamaicans would call "myse and miley" (moist and ....well I never figured out what "miley" meant but it is usually something good). Anyway, I am going to stop because I am getting hungry for this cake which she assures me I will not be getting any of until November.

Unfortunately no picture is available as the darn thing disappears too fast for me to take a picture. (My companions would eat my slice as soon as I pay attention to my camera :))

Epilogue: As you can see I have since gotten a picture. The cake was very delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!